No Limits (Special Needs)
McKeon Swim School is committed to creating an environment which is accepting and inclusive of people of all abilities and backgrounds.
Our No Limits Program is designed to teach people with specialised needs to be safer in and around the water and develop swimming and water safety skills as well as improve health and wellbeing.
Our No Limits teachers are trained in special needs aquatics, passionate about what they do and will work with you to set and achieve your goals.
Benefits of an aquatic exercise program include
• Swimming lessons aim to equip individuals with confidence and skills imperative to ensure safety in the water
• Swimming can result in increased coordination, mobility and balance
• Swimming can achieve cognitive benefits (including increased communication skills) through skill development
• Swimming results in increased fitness, joint stability and muscle strength and tone
• Swimming can assist in training body sensation, body awareness, joint position, spatial awareness and posture control
• Swimming allows for a social outlet
• It's fun!
View Vanessa's No Limits Lessons
McKeon Swim School is a Registered NDIS Provider
Improved Health and Wellbeing: Support Item Ref No. 12_029_0126_3_3
• Aqua therapy and aquatic exercise for health and safety
• Support, maintain and increase physical mobility.
• Promote and encourage improved physical capacity and health
• Increase fitness, coordination, muscle strength and joint stability
• Increase aquatic confidence and skills imperative to water safety.
Learning to swim is a skill for life
Our classes are tailored to suit a range of special needs. We will cater for the needs of individual swimmers and you can choose from a variety of lessons types:
• Group Lesson - Where possible we aim for integration into mainstream classes. We believe there are many additional benefits if inclusion can be achieved. If children are able to be integrated into a mainstream class, which is done with an assessment, the maximum class size maybe reduced by one, this may incurr an additional lesson fee.
• Private Lessons - Where a private lesson is necessary, we provide a one on one swimming lesson. The teacher will focus exclusively on your preferences for activities including swimming and stroke development, aquatic exercise, movement in water and relaxation. Carers welcome at no extra charge.
• More serious swimmer - we can offer a pathway into Multi Class competitive swimming.
• Casual Swimming - You can also choose to swim casually at your leisure using our equipment to enjoy all of the benefits that water has to offer. Please contact the pool for casual swimming hours
• Aqua aerobics –a weekly aquatic exercise class in conjunction with a local Disability Support organisation.
• Illawarra Disability Trust Swim 4 Fun – a weekly session involving games, fun and fitness.
Group and private lessons available at Unanderra and Towradgi
All other activities available only at Unanderra