Swimming is a great activity for exercise, friends & fun!
Our mini squad program introduces children to swimming in squads & builds upon the techniques learned in LTS. In these mini squad levels, the children's individual stroke technique is further developed. Strength & endurance are further promoted and developed.
- To be able to swim well is an asset for life. We believe a child should be able to swim 400m freestyle with good style and under 10min to before they can be consider to be an accomplished swimmer and would be able to react in a predictable and safe manner under most circumstances
- Water safety skills and survival sequences are incorporated into each level with the children being able to attain their Senior Swim and Survive Qualification
- Swimming is a truly wonderful sport, and an investment in the health, fitness and overall growth and development of your child.
- A head start in preparation to the school carnival
- Encouraged to get involved in competitive swimming through our affiliated swim club Wests Illawarra Aquatic Swimming Club.
Our Mini Squad Levels:
PENGUIN - 45 min class working on all four strokes with an emphasis on technique
KINGFISH - 60 min class further refining the four strokes and developing endurance and stamina
SHARKS - 60 min class which continues to build on the skills learnt in previous groups