Pre-School (3-5 yrs)
Why our preschool program is focused on water-safety....?
When your child joins our preschool program, they will gain water confidence, be taught basic swimming skills, like floating & kicking and these will progress into formal strokes. Preschool aged children are statistically, the most at risk group for drowning accidents, so we also focus our lessons on teaching your child how to react in an emergency fall-in situation.
Our preschool classes are run each morning, afternoon & Saturdays (check individual centres for exact session times) & children are graded into the following groups according to their abilities.
Benefits of Swimming for your Preschooler
- Fun & Enjoyment – as children become more confident in the aquatic environment, they will start to enjoy swimming & look forward to their lesson as a highlight of their week.
- Great exercise –improves cardiovascular fitness & helps develop muscle strength, heart & lungs.
- Improves Co-ordination - activities in the lessons will develop your child's motor-skills & balance.
- Social & Listening Skills - your preschooler will have an opportunity to mix with others of similar age & will also practice their listening skills & taking directions from a teacher.
- Safer around water - children who have swimming lessons may be more aware of the dangers of being in & around the water & will have knowledge on what to do in an accidental fall in.
Our Preschool Levels:
PERIWINKLE - For preschoolers from 3 years. In a gentle and play orientated environment your child will learn to submerge comfortably, gain water confidence & start to learn swimming skills.
STINGRAY - A class for more confident under 5's building upon the skills learned in periwinkles, working towards swimming unaided for 8m.
SEAHORSE - Children who can paddle 8m independently are introduced to freestyle arms with their kicking skills and body position refined. Our fully clothed swim-float-swim survival skill is taught at this level.
SWORDFISH - Freestyle with bilateral breathing & backstroke are developed in this class.
All classes are 30 min in duration with a maximum of 4 children per class