Swimming lessons for all ages from babies to adults, squad training, aqua aerobics and pool parties are all offered at our indoor, heated pools.
Term 2 2014 Starts on Monday 28th April & finishes on Saturday 28th June 2014.
We are running a Swim Australia Teacher of Competitive Strokes Course.
This course will be held on Sunday 25th May
- 8.30am – 4.00pm
- McKeon Swim Centre, 1 Marley Pl, UNANDERRA
- Cost $250
The Competitive Strokes Course covers basic swimming squad sessions that develop the swimming technique of novice Swimmers - this is generally defined as Swimmers who are recent “Learn to Swim” graduates and are in the likes of a “mini squad” (usually around 10 years) and still acquiring the skills needed to transition into competition.
This Course is endorsed by the peak sporting body in Australia for swimming - Swimming Australia as an entry level course of the swimming coaching accreditation pathway.
The qualification involves
• CD Rom at home prior to the one day course
• One session of observations at a registered Swim School prior to the practical course(approx 2 hours)
• Full Day Practical course
• On the job shadow teaching at a registered swim school. Approx 30hrs (until considered competent)
• Final competency assessment where you will be assessed teaching a class.
You also need to have a current CPR qualification to complete the qualification. It can be done at any registered provider such as RLSSA and is valid for 12 months.
Grey Medallion Course:
'Never too young to learn, never to old to start!'
Learn essential lifesaving skills that could one day save your family members, firends or your own life.
6 week course, starts 15th May to 19th June 2014.
Every Thrusday at 12.30pm to 2.30pm.
Holiday Intensive Program April 2014:
Monday: 7:15pm - 8.15pm @ Mckeons Swim School Unanderra
Wednesday: 7:15pm - 8:15pm @ Mckeons Swim School Unanderra
6:00pm - 7:00pm @ Mckeons Swim School Towradgi