McKeon Family Fund
Mckeon Family Fund has been established to provide swimming lessons for children and adults in our community who may never have the opportunity to learn to swim and be safer in and around the water.
Swim School Directors, Susie and Ron along with their three children, David, Emma and Kaitlin, are committed to making a difference in the Wollongong community and “sharing their love of water”.
Across 2017 the McKeon Family Fund has supported over 1500 lessons and with the added backing of a number of local ClubsNSW are able to continue funding these programs ongoing throughout 2018.
• 30 children referred via Barnardos attend weekly swimming lessons. We aim to continue supporting these children thru to mini squad level.
• Warrawong Public School year 5 and 6 attended a weekly RLSSA Swim and Survive Program in Term 3 ; with 8 children continuing in weekly lessons.
• Separate groups of Arabic men and women attend swim lessons twice a week. New participants join these groups as existing swimmers achieve 25m freestyle, enabling them to continue to practice their skills outside lesson times.
Thank you to the following ClubsNSW for matching the contributions of the McKeon Family Fund and making a difference to local families.
• Oak Flats Bowling & Recreation Club
• Master Builders
• The Shellharbour Club
• Dapto Leagues Club
• Albion Park RSL
• Dapto Citizens Bowling Club
• Bomaderry Bowling Club
Thank you also to Speedo for providing goggles for the children from Warrawong Public School.